• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Building Lua under Visual Studio 2010

This topic is 2168 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've downloaded the Lua source from lua.org and I wish to compile it myself for my own uses. What files do I need to include for the lua dll + library, the lua interpreter, and lua compiler?

Advertisement
[url="https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&safe=off&site=webhp&source=hp&q=Building+Lua+under+Visual+Studio+2010&pbx=1&oq=Building+Lua+under+Visual+Studio+2010&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=8491l8491l0l8573l1l1l0l0l0l0l63l63l1l1l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=743d3d97e8fb2a36&biw=1920&bih=1075&ion=1"]A 10 second google on the very topic of your message quickly turns up results.[/url]

Alright I got lua, luac, lua52.dll, and the static library compiled and working. I don't know why, but for some reason, my compiled lua is at least half the size of the binaries downloaded from luabinaries. Is it because I'm building as C++ and luabinaries builds as standard C?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement