• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nickme

opengl:how to open a HD window for vc++ 2010 express.

This topic is 2490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi,

i still had problem with openning a window with resolution of 1920x1080. as my included screen-shot shown, the window of mandelbrot was openned with 600x600 resolution, yet, it covered all most from top to bottom. i think there must be my screen resolution set up that did this. i hope i can get constructive advices of how to solve the problem. the mandelbrot window should be ~ 1/3 of the screen (600 ~ 1920/3).

thanks

Advertisement

I'm guessing you've messed up your window creation somehow, post the code (or a minimal example that suffers from the same problem)

the following codes is from my main func

int main(int argc, char** argv) {
glutInit(&argc, argv);
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);
glutInitWindowPosition(650, 50);
glutInitWindowSize(600, 600);
glutCreateWindow(" Fractals with Zoom ");

init();
glutIgnoreKeyRepeat(1);
glutDisplayFunc(render);
glutReshapeFunc(winReshapeFcn);
glutSpecialFunc(SpecialKey);
glutKeyboardFunc(processNormalKeys);
glutMouseFunc(mouseButton);
createMenu();

glutMainLoop();
glDeleteTextures(1, &palette_texture);
return 0;
}

[quote name='SimonForsman' timestamp='1328940124' post='4911891']
I'm guessing you've messed up your window creation somehow, post the code (or a minimal example that suffers from the same problem)

glutInitWindowSize(600, 600);
[/quote]
Well, you do create a 600x600 window, and your screenshot certainly doesn't look like it came from a 1920x1080 monitor. Are you sure your monitor is set to a 1920x1080 resolution?

hi

Hmm that screenshot is: 1 200px × 675px , so if the monitor is set to 1280x720(720p) that would explain everything.

yes, the screen resolution of the opengl window is 1280x720. i clicked start->control panel->display, and it showed that the screen resolution is set at 1920x1080. i just don't know what happened.

thanks for the reply.

Neither OpenGL, GLUT or Visual Studio has anything to do with this. If you ask for a 600x600 window, then that is what you will get. You can get the size of the screen with glutGet and GLUT_SCREEN_WIDTH and GLUT_SCREEN_HEIGHT, and you can check the size of the window in the reshape callback. Those values won't lie. If the size of the screen is reported as 1280x720, then that is the resolution of your desktop. If your display settings says something else, then the problem is elsewhere.

Neither OpenGL, GLUT or Visual Studio has anything to do with this. If you ask for a 600x600 window, then that is what you will get. You can get the size of the screen with glutGet and GLUT_SCREEN_WIDTH and GLUT_SCREEN_HEIGHT, and you can check the size of the window in the reshape callback. Those values won't lie. If the size of the screen is reported as 1280x720, then that is the resolution of your desktop. If your display settings says something else, then the problem is elsewhere.

after running the glutGet as you suggested, it showed 1280x720 resolution. if that is my resolution, my point is that what can i do to change to 1920x1080? i checked and rechecked set and reset the desktop setting. but i still have 1280x720. the question is 'how' can i change to hd? if the problem is elsewhere, where and how to change that. i posted this problem before but i did not get the solution but diagnose. i checked the problem on line and it seen mine was unique. i don't know what to do.

i know for sure that my desktop resolution is 1920x1080 because when i printscreen the screen shot above and past it into paint.net to create the png file, it show that the image is 1920x1080.

thanks

i know for sure that my desktop resolution is 1920x1080 because when i printscreen the screen shot above and past it into paint.net to create the png file, it show that the image is 1920x1080.

That screenshot is definitely not a screenshot of a 1920x1080 screen. Does your video card support 1920x1080, and if so, are you sure your video card is actually using 1920x1080?

Right click on the desk top and go to Screen Resolution (or whatever the setting is, I can't remember and I'm not on my Windows machine) and actually take a screenshot of what it says your screen resolution is. Post that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!