• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Pride

RPG Game Unnamed Check it out!

This topic is 2497 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]=== Introduction ===[/font]
[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]Hello guys, I've been looking for a good forum where i can get help with this game on working on.[/font]

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]First of all, I'm no noob. I know VB.Net isn't for games, but rather for object oriented apps.[/font]

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]I will also put a thread on Help Wanted section.[/font]
[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]=== Game ===[/font]
[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]The game I'm working on is a RPG, but it's more of a turn-based game.[/font]

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]He have turn and you can either use a move, an item, or manage to escape.[/font]

• Move
    There are 3 types of moves/attacks:

1. Physical
      There are about 22 Physical Moves.
    2. Magical
      There are about 18 Magical Moves.
    3. Delusional
      There are about 10 Delusional Moves.
      Delusional moves are used to confuse your enemy, and sometimes even forestalling their attack.

The point of this move system is so the more you use a certain type, you get better and better, by level.

The move's attack damage is calculated like this:
      Damage = (Power) + (ManaUsed * DamagePlusPerMana) + (MoveLevel * DamagePlusPerLevel)

Power: The name says it. Power is increased when you level up.
      ManaUsed/DamagePlusPerMana: In my RPG, the more mana you use the more powerful the attack gets. But also, the accuray decreases. And, there is a limit to how strong you can make the attack, and it is different for each attack.
      MoveLevel/DamagePlusPerLevel:Not only do you have your own level, but your moves also have levels. The more you use a certain move, the stronger it gets.
  • Item
    Using items take up one's turn, you wont be able to attack that round!
    Items can heal, or recover your mana. They can also be used as temporary-boosts.
    When your outside of a battle, you can equip different items.
    Items can be bought and sold.
  • Escape
    The name says it.
    40% chance of escaping.

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]That's my post with all the details about the game.[/font]

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]What I need is an artist, and a story line.[/font]

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]I thought of that the main character is trying to kill a certain man, and then finds out that man receives orders from others, a whole group of people... He tries to kill them all...... BUT WHY? Why did the plot start in the first place?[/font]

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]And with the artist, I wont forget to include him in the credits.[/font]

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]The artist(s) will do:[/font]
    [color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]Pixel Art - Usually 32x32[/font]
    [color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]About 3-4 200x200 simple pictures[/font]
    [color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]And A LOT of (300-400)x(200-250)[/font]

[color=#434343][font=helvetica, arial, verdana,]I was gonna post it in the help wanted section, but couldn't.[/font]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!