tga file format and directx 10

Started by
2 comments, last by 21st Century Moose 12 years, 2 months ago
directx10 does not support tga files even though directx9 did

is the a good converter that will convert the tga to a file format that directx10 can use and still keep the parts that are transparret.
i have tryed converting it and i have not had any succsess so far
Advertisement
The DX SDK still comes with the texconv tool, which can convert to DDS on the command line. There's also the DirectX Texture Tool which has a GUI, if you prefer that. There's also ImageMagick, which can convert pretty much anything.
I'd personally suggest ditching TGA, period, and moving to DDS, as it's a much better overall 'game' format. MJP mentions the official texture conversion tool, but there are also excellent libraries out there for texture cooking/compression that may also be worth looking into depending on the needs of your renderer. nvtt, or the nVidia Texture Tools, comes personally recommended.
clb: At the end of 2012, the positions of jupiter, saturn, mercury, and deimos are aligned so as to cause a denormalized flush-to-zero bug when computing earth's gravitational force, slinging it to the sun.
You can load TGAs but you need to write your own loader. That means loading and unpacking the raw binary data and calling CreateTexture2D and CreateShaderResourceView directly instead of relying on the D3DX helpers.

If that sounds like too much work at the moment then do like the other's said and use a different format.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement