• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JamesProctor

Rise of Heroes: Online NEEDS you!

This topic is 2467 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am happy to announce that Rise of Heroes: Online is getting ready to start some very Early Pre-Alpha Testing. By Early Pre-Alpha I mean Testing for our Prototype! Our Prototype Area Consists of an area roughly 200 meters by 200 meters and will contain roughly 10 to 20 minutes worth of content.

Rise of Heroes: Online is being Developed using the HeroEngine using their HeroCloud Service.

About Rise of Heroes: Online

Rise of Heroes: Online is a MMORPG Virtual World. My Overall goal is to create a Virtual World where the players can live and play in a ever changing, Dynamic environment. I would like to see RoH push the bounds of current MMOs in the areas of Naturally Evolving Story, Content, and NPCs. I am personally tired of going into a town and ALWAYS seeing the same old NPCs and Content. I want a Game where the NPCs Evolve along with the players. NPCs that have wants, desires, needs, and memory is the Ultimate goal of RoH.

To start with however I am starting out small and working up. My Goal with the First version of RoH is to create a Fun small scale Theme Park MMO. It will be largely PvM with PvP Battle Grounds and will use Questing to drive the story line (Think WoW).

Through Constant updates we will expand PvP and will open up some new continents geared toward PvP and Guild based Game play mechanics that will be added post Launch.

At the moment I am working on a basic Quest Framework which will be expanded and improved upon as new systems are brought online. So far we have the ability to create Kill and Dialog based Quests and I am working on a small quest Prototype which will contain roughly 10 to 20 minutes worth of content.

At this time I am NOT looking to form a team per say but I am looking for a few people who would be willing to help out with testing Quests and other Game Features. If your interested please leave a message in this thread! Thanks!

Here is a Video showing the Prototype area:

Advertisement
Yes right now the character models, and in fact most models in the game are the generic HeroEngine models. I have all of the model packs from Arteria3D including their new Fantasy base character model pack and I will be slowly changing over to those models as I build the Prototype world. The Particle effect on the trees however is my own creation minus the Fire Texture which can easily be replaced with another fire texture at some point.

The point of the video was mainly to show off the Quest System and Dialog System I am programming. The GUIs for both systems will be replaced post prototype once I have added some others to the team who can do a better job at designing GUIs then I can.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!