RocketHub or KickStarter?

Started by
12 comments, last by Anthony Samuel 12 years ago
Kickstarter because its more popular.

Have a listen to this podcast if you haven't already. They interview two small, indie developers who have run successful kickstarter campaigns in support of their games.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Advertisement
@ Turch. I know many indie devs who skimp on those costs. :)
Kevin Reilly
Email: kevin.reilly.law@gmail.com
Twitter: kreilly77
I believe these fundraising communities really are what you make them. I've had a project on kickstarter for about two days now. So far the majority of the funds have come from people that know us or we have talked to personally. Kickstarter doesn't do any kind of marketing campaign or anything, they just give you the tools to do it yourself.

Right now, our team really only has the means to push the project locally. We are handing out flyers at local magazines and newspapers, school and work, anyplace we can think of really. I'm not sure how it's gonna turn out, but your welcome to follow our progress. Perhaps it will help you design a good business plan, or, in a worst case, know one more way that doesn't work:)

Good luck with your fundraiser

ps. links to the project are in my sig.
I'm doing the same thing as you, with kickstarter, We are making an MMORPG here's ours: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chaoticgamingstudios/chaotic-ways-are-you-chaotic-or-seren we were known in our community, We are not a very wealthy one, But we are managing with no money so far, But like the other people said, Can't get paid for anything just yet,besides kickstarter! kickstarter would be the way to go in my opinion. just make sure you share it with your facebook/Community, I'm trying to get a hold of our mayor and news.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement