RocketHub or KickStarter?

Started by
12 comments, last by Anthony Samuel 12 years ago
hi people!

My small game studio is about to publish it's first game (in few months) and me and my couleges are wondering which fundraising community to use. Does anyone have any expirience (positive or negative)?Should we use both and make smaller campaign goal's or pick one???
Advertisement
Starting or raising funds for a company is not a Breaking In topic. It's a Business topic.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I think, premium accounts are the best idea. Not everyone has account in bank, but a lot of people uses a mobile phones.

If I got what means "fundraising community".
(( I am learning English. ))

I think, premium accounts are the best idea. Not everyone has account in bank, but a lot of people uses a mobile phones.

No. You misunderstand. He's not talking about monetizing a finished product - he's talking about raising funds to develop or publish or market a game,or to start a company.

[quote name='BSt' timestamp='1329619835' post='4914407']

No. You misunderstand. He's not talking about monetizing a finished product - he's talking about raising funds to develop or publish or market a game,or to start a company.
[/quote]

So, I am right.
They can create a "premium zone" for sells tutorials, "small things", access for something etc.
Also, advertisements, but the "premium zone" is the best idea, I think.

So, I am right.
They can create a "premium zone" for sells tutorials, "small things", access for something etc.
Also, advertisements, but the "premium zone" is the best idea, I think.

Based on your profile information and posting history it looks like English is probably not your best language. Hopefully this will help:

He does not have a product that can be sold yet.

He needs money before he can begin.

He cannot sell anything yet because it does not exist.

There is no way to sell access advertisements, or to put any products or a 'premium zone', because those things cannot exist until much later. This must be done first.

Exactly how he gets that money is up to a business plan. A solid business plan is a prerequisite before getting funding through any reputable fundraising agency.
You don't have to write about my English in every post... just look at my signature :).

You don't have to write about my English

In this case, it was justified. You were clearly misunderstanding the OP's question (even after an explanation). Let's keep this conversation focused on the OP's question, not language.

OP: I think this is a business decision that you need to make after evaluating similar projects on both sites and following their success rate (or lack thereof). Kickstarter had a big hit with the Double Find campaign, but the bigger question is why do you need funds if you are close to publishing on your own? Do you have a specific plan on how to use the funds or is this just to create buzz?
Kevin Reilly
Email: kevin.reilly.law@gmail.com
Twitter: kreilly77

OP: I think this is a business decision that you need to make after evaluating similar projects on both sites and following their success rate (or lack thereof). Kickstarter had a big hit with the Double Find campaign, but the bigger question is why do you need funds if you are close to publishing on your own? Do you have a specific plan on how to use the funds or is this just to create buzz?

There are plenty of overhead costs besides development. Advertising, lawyers and accountants.

I think Kickstarter would be a better bet if you're only going with one, but that's only because it seems to be more popular than RocketHub - even before the recent Double Fine stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement