Making money on games?

Started by
9 comments, last by Idono87 12 years, 2 months ago
These were alot better answers than i hoped for.

I get that there's allways going to be bugs in games no matter what. But there are gamestudios that are aware of nasty crashbugs and performance bugs but decide not to do anything about them except with a patch further up the road. I read an article from a former QA tester that explained in detail how several large gamecompanys are aware of hundreds even thousands of bugs in games but ignore them because they want to get the game out the door as fast as possible. This is as i said apparent in many of todays games where some developers patch up those bugs fairly quickly and while others just dont seem to care once they've pocketed.

Over the course of 10 years i've noticed that there's been a huge change in how people perceive games. I almost always see older generation gamers expecting some gamestudios to release a buggy and close to unplayable game for the PC. Usually they decide to wait up to 6 months beefor buying the game since it gets semi stable by that time. The opposit happens with the young generation. They rush into buying the game and we get the shit storms on forums complaining about the game because it keeps crashing, being unstable etc. and they stop playing the game and possibly not even going to buy a game from the specific gamestudio for some time.
Idono! That's me!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement