VC++ 2010: have to enter project properties for every project.

Started by
3 comments, last by nickme 12 years, 2 months ago
hi,

i am very ennoyed to have to enter the properties of SFML program to every different projects. is there a way that once i entered the lib and include directories and set the macro, i dont have to enter it again for different project?

i just begin to learn about SFML and it is tedious to enter all those info for every project.

thanks
Advertisement
Yes.

Go to property manager, expand your project, expand debug | win32, right click "Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.user" add the directories under there. You shouldn't have to add them again after that.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

You can also create property sheets that can be applied to your solution. For instance, I have created property sheets that add in the appropriate include directories, library directories, and source directories for each version of the third party libraries I have. This way a project can refer to <sfml/graphics.hpp> or sfml-graphics-d.lib, and through the layers of property sheets, the solution determines whether to use the 1.6 or 1.5 version. This is especially useful if you ever need to recompile your old projects... [strike]The downside is that the property sheets aren't portable as they may refer to locations on your local hard drive, and the solution will refer to the property sheet with a local hard drive link. You will need to create a sans-local-property-sheets solution to distribute with the project file.[/strike] Nevermind, the property sheets are referenced in the project files, so you will need to remove them before distributing (that is, if they refer to locations on your local hard drive).

Yes.

Go to property manager, expand your project, expand debug | win32, right click "Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.user" add the directories under there. You shouldn't have to add them again after that.

hi,
i cannot seem to find the property manager. what button or menu is it under?

thanks
hi,

i got it. i googled it and found the answer.

thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement