GUI within a DirectX program

Started by
7 comments, last by Adaline 12 years, 1 month ago
Hello

I would need a library that permit to insert a GUI system into the D3D graphics chain. (in order to display menus, dialogs, .... within the 'game' graphics)
Can someone advice me a library please? Thanks

Nico smile.png
Advertisement
Take a look at CEGUI.

Or Scaleform if you have lots of money. rolleyes.gif
Hi!

I have not investigated the topic, but I have seen a similar question in the Polish GameDev
http://Warsztat.gd

Maybe you would check them:
Thank you both of you that's exactly what I need rolleyes.gif !
I'll have a look on these different libraries !

Bye
Nico
I once tried to integrate [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

AntTweakBar in my application but since my inputs comes from DInput/XInput instead of windows messages it wouldn't work.[/font] I tried to modify the source but never managed to get it working. Otherwise, it looks great.

Thank you Dunge for your feedback about AntTweakBar.
I think I will use CEGUI
Consider rolling your own, too...

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

I've referred to these in the past when coding GUIs in C++/OpenGL and JavaScript/HTML5 canvas, so they can really be applied to any technology platform.

I think I will use CEGUI

It kind of depends what you need it for though. CEGUI is great, but much heavier than antweakbar. On my home engine I used both, and if you just want some debug gui, you will be up and running alot faster with Antweakbar. That said, for a game gui or the likes, it's not really enough.

Consider rolling your own, too...

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

I've referred to these in the past when coding GUIs in C++/OpenGL and JavaScript/HTML5 canvas, so they can really be applied to any technology platform.

Very interesting article, thanks. I won't reinvent the wheel, but this paper is interesting for seeing how it possibly could work and been implemented.

[quote name='NicoLaCrevette' timestamp='1330005989' post='4915862']
I think I will use CEGUI

It kind of depends what you need it for though. CEGUI is great, but much heavier than antweakbar. On my home engine I used both, and if you just want some debug gui, you will be up and running alot faster with Antweakbar. That said, for a game gui or the likes, it's not really enough.
[/quote]
I already use DXUT GUI implementation for some programs (mesh converter, various tools) but, indeed, it isn't enough for the game application purposes.

Bye smile.png
Nico

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement