Configuring D in Eclipse

Started by
2 comments, last by DvDmanDT 12 years, 1 month ago
I decided to give D a try to see if I can improve my productivity - I used to use C++ until now.

So I downloaded dmd compiler and managed to configure it in Code::Blocks. But what puts me off is the lack of code completion.
Then I read about the Descent plugin for eclipse, that provides code completion. I downloaded and installed it, but cannot compile any D code.

The problem is, I can't find how I can setup the D compiler - this was easy in Code::Blocks. Does anyone know how to do it?

This is the error I get:
Error starting process
Cannot run program "C:\Users\Minas\Documents\Eclipse\D test\main.d" (in directory "C:\Users\Minas\Documents\Eclipse\D test"): CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application
Cannot run program "C:\Users\Minas\Documents\Eclipse\D test\main.d" (in directory "C:\Users\Minas\Documents\Eclipse\D test"): CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application
Advertisement
Did you download the Windows version of the compiler? Is it located in the path c:\users\....?

Did you download the Windows version of the compiler? Is it located in the path c:\users\....?

I can compile and run D programs from inside Code::Blocks and the win32 command line, so yes.
Isn't there a VS plugin which can be used from that free VS shell, which features code completion and debugging support?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement