Sign in to follow this  
goldblaze

GDD and possibly business help

goldblaze    377
Hello, I'm goldblaze, I'm looking into making a RPG, I've pretty much found a programmer and currently know artists(one being myself) willing to work with me on the project, but I find with my lack of experience that I think I'll need some help making a GDD and possibly figure out what I'm doing business wise, so I'm looking for someone experienced in the field to take a little time to help me figure things out, so I'm asking around this forum to see if I can find anyone.

Tom Sloper    16040
gold,
You can ask for tips about writing GDDs in the Game Design forum.
You can ask for tips about the business side in the Business forum.
You can ask for tips about project management in the Production forum.
But your "Help Wanted" question doesn't belong anywhere but in Classifieds, since the Help Wanted forum is being deprecated in favor of the Classifieds.

This is definitely not a technical For Beginners question, so I'm moving this to Business. You should probably look around at other posts in the Business forum, where several people have written posts about wanting to start a venture but not knowing where to begin.

goldblaze    377
Sorry, wasn't totally sure where to put things in the forum, was thinking of classified, but didn't want to do that tell I had a complete idea of how I'm doing the game, and what kind of funding I'll need/have access to.

Tom Sloper    16040
Okay, NP. Funding is a Business question. First step: write a business plan. Know how you're going to sell your games after you make them, how much you'll spend on making them, who you'll need working on them, and what those games will be. Note I'm talking about "games" in the plural; one game is not a business. Check the FAQs and those other posts.

goldblaze    377
I think what I'm needing is advise in the business plan then, and yeah, there are plans for other games, I'll have to look around for those posts a bit more I think.