Want to make a flash game

Started by
4 comments, last by Tasaq 12 years, 1 month ago
Hey yall so Ive been animating in Flash for a while now and my buddy proposed the idea of making a 2d game. He only has a basic knowledge of coding and I have next to no knowledge of coding. It would be easy to make the game completely in flash with AS but through some google searches Ive heard that doing this could cause some optimization problems. More importantly we like the idea of being able to put our game on xbox live arcade, kind of an unrealistic idea at the moment, but we would like that option to be available. Where do we even start.

TLDR: Want to make flash game that can port to other platforms, specifically XBLA.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Forget xbla, do it in flash, put it on facebook.

Alternatively, forget flash, do it in xna, put it on xbla.
I dont understand how you could make a 2d game with xna alone unless you used sprites and thus making it extremely tedious. Is there another animation program that XNA does support?
Use sprites, it's actually really easy, especially if you know flash/are familiar with 2d games.

I dont understand how you could make a 2d game with xna alone unless you used sprites and thus making it extremely tedious. Is there another animation program that XNA does support?

So... how exactly were you planning on making a 2D game in Flash *without* sprites?

I did a lot in flash that I used as 2d sprites in openGL, and if we are talking about XNA its 9001 times easier to do than in ogl :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement