Started by
11 comments, last by Servant of the Lord 12 years, 1 month ago

Found the problem. Here is GCC's version of the function I'm using:
template<...>
inline bool regex_search(...)
{
return false;
}

Well, no cookies for me today. Apparently the Regex portion of the C++11 standard library hasn't yet been implemented in GCC (and thus, MinGW), but the functions and classes exist and have stub definitions, so compiling gives you no errors. laugh.png

Yeah, sorry. My day job has been sucking all my productivity after I got about half-way through the implementation. If only I could convince my employer it would be worthwhile to pay me for 6 months to finish it, the world would be a much better place.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

Advertisement
You're the one implementing the GCC Regex library? Well, completed or not, thank you for having moved it forward! As a less experienced developer, it is invaluable that tools and compilers and IDEs exist that allows one to get started programming quickly and smoothly.
erm, so use boost. Its works fine...

although, to be honest, a simple parser would probably be quicker to implement.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

erm, so use boost. Its works fine...

Yep, I'm aware of Boost.Regex.
although, to be honest, a simple parser would probably be quicker to implement.
[/quote]
Certainly, I did so immediately after I found out about GCC's regex. It only took about 15 minutes.
But it is a very good, yet still simple enough, non-contrived problem to get my feet wet in Regex.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement