Cannot start DX debugging

Started by
0 comments, last by iedoc 12 years, 1 month ago
Recently i have reinstalled my system and downloaded VS 11 Developer preview, i just mention both of those because i am not sure if it is related, and today i have tried to start debugging with dxcpl.exe (from DX SDK 2010 june utilities folder):

dxcpl.jpg

but gives me this error:

syserror.jpg

This is the first time i see this error, i had no problems before with this. I even looked at AV quarantine but this dll isn't there.
If i turn of DX debugging everything runs fine. WTH? Any idea to repair this?

Thanks for your time.
Advertisement
I had almost the exact same problem recently (two months ago). what happened with me was that i was able to create a d3d 10 device with the debug flag, but about 2 months ago i downloaded the latest version of directx and installed it "over" (stupid me) the previous release, instead of uninstalling directx completely, then reinstalling the latest version. So, after i installed the latest version, my d3d10 programs would not compile when the device was created with the debug flag. I happened to reinstall windows later that month, and just downloaded and installed the latest release of directx and everything works fine now. I'm not sure if this is exactly your problem, but if you already had a directx sdk release installed, then installed a new sdk release without uninstalling the old one first, that seems to cause problems with debugging. My suggestion is to just completely uninstall all directx from your computer, then install only the newest release.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement