Teen Developers

Started by
1 comment, last by teenCoder 12 years, 1 month ago
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

I'm a teenage programmer. I'm 16 and a sophomore in high school. I started a group on Facebook a while back with my friend from Sweden called TeenDev. Right now we have about 30 members but we are always looking for more. If you are into game development, web development, artistic stuff, etc, you are free to join.....as long as your age has teen in it. i.e (sixteen, seventeen, etc). You can check it out at the link below. The group's purpose is to create a place on the internet where kids like us (programmers and such) can go to talk about anything and help each other solve our coding problems. A place where everyone understands each other without adults making fun of you because you are a young programmer and you don't understand some stuff. We could use more members. Eventually we hope to turn the group into a site that teaches kids on game development, software development, robotics, art, etc with the help of other kids and teens. [/font]

[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

Link: [/font]http://www.facebook....groups/TeenDev/[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[/font]

Advertisement
Although I like the idea, I do see one problem: what if one of the teaching kids teaches wrong ideas/behaviour/techniques?
For example, a kid might teach others to use macros in C++ where operators would be FAR, FAR better.
A teaching kid might not even be aware of better options, options that might reduce the time needed a 3d modeling operation from 10 minutes to 20 seconds.

I'm not saying it's bad thing, I'm not trying to discourage you. I would, on the other hand, advice you to pick out the kids with the right knowledge and inform the other users of knowlegde.

Good luck!
"What? It disintegrated. By definition, it cannot be fixed." - Gru - Dispicable me

"Dude, the world is only limited by your imagination" - Me

Although I like the idea, I do see one problem: what if one of the teaching kids teaches wrong ideas/behaviour/techniques?
For example, a kid might teach others to use macros in C++ where operators would be FAR, FAR better.
A teaching kid might not even be aware of better options, options that might reduce the time needed a 3d modeling operation from 10 minutes to 20 seconds.

I'm not saying it's bad thing, I'm not trying to discourage you. I would, on the other hand, advice you to pick out the kids with the right knowledge and inform the other users of knowlegde.

Good luck!

We do. The kids with the most knowledge are the ones who usually post things to help other kids learn. If someone teaches the wrong idea, we usually have another person who has a better way of doing things, a solution to the problem, or corrects the persons idea. Thanks. Hopefully we get more members.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement