Kickboxing Manager

Started by
11 comments, last by Aggroblakh 12 years, 1 month ago
Hi,

I recently completed a project I've been working on in my spare time. It's called Kickboxing Manager, and it's a sports manager game in the same vein as Football Manager. Give it a shot:

http://kickboxingmanager.tumblr.com/

Feel free to let me know what you think. People have mentioned that it's difficult to figure out how to get students to train at your gym. It happens automatically - each time you click the Next Day button, there is a chance a new student will begin to train at your gym. I've mentioned this in the blog, and I will update the game to make it more obvious to new players. I'd just like a little more things to fix before I update the game, instead of creating a new version for a single "bug" fix.

I'd post pics, but it only seems to create a link rather than showing the image =S
Advertisement
one nitpick, The scandinavian countries are normally either grouped with western europe(cold war definiton) or northen europe(along with for example the UK) (UN Statistics definition), Currently some countries are fairly difficult to locate because of this as they are placed in a region where one normally wouldn't look for them. (Eastern europe either refers to the nations that were under Soviet control or the nations that are geographically south of lithuania and east of germany + russia, there are plenty of lists online for both definitions)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Hmmm, I went with pure geography here as I had no idea where to group Scandinavian countries. How much of an issue is it? Is it that much of a bother? Reason I ask is because it would take me some time to change the database files to reflect Scandinavia as part of Western Europe.

This will probably go in my Version 1.1 update =D Thanks for the input.
Just letting you know that I've now made Scandinavia part of Western Europe. I've also added some extra help screens and text on popup dialogs to help people get started in the game. Version 1.1 should be up tonight unless I get more feedback/change requests. Thanks for the input.
Version 1.1 has been uploaded =)

Version 1.1 Changes:
-Added more help screens and dialog on popup notifications to hopefully aid new players.
-Moved Scandinavia (and all Scandinavian fighters) to Western Europe.
-Fixed a small bug in which the “Manager Titles” field would not be updated correctly when the user decides to retire a fighter that happens to hold a World Championship belt.
Minor changes, but that was some of the feedback I got on Version 1.0. It should be noted that any save files from 1.0 are compatible with 1.1, but may cause issues with random name generation (due to Scandinavia now being part of Western Europe). Therefore, it is suggested that you don’t use your old save files with the new version.
However, the changes between 1.0 and 1.1 are very minor, so if you’ve already got the hang of the game and don’t mind that Scandinavia is in Eastern Europe in Version 1.0, then you lose nothing by continuing with Version 1.0.
Hi all,
Due to a potentially game-breaking bug, I’ve had to upload Version 1.2 sooner than expected. Thanks to Gandalf. from IndieDB for bringing this to my attention.
The new version can be downloaded at :

Major Changes in v1.2:
-Fixed a potentially game-breaking issue in which free agents would not be signed if the the organization size was below the minimum allowed.
Minor Changes:
-Added tooltips to top menu buttons.
-Increased the rate at which managers gain experience in order to reduce the amount of time it takes to get to higher tiers of competition.
-After Next Day completes, the user is now brought back to the last screen he or she was at instead of the Profile screen.
Any saves from Version 1.1 are fully compatible with Version 1.2, so you do not need to restart your game. I apologize for any inconvenience the bug may have caused.
I hope the minor changes will help new players ease into the game a bit more, as this game seems to be harder to get a hang of than I anticipated (likely a common mistake among indie devs! =P )
Kickboxing Manager is a sports management game ?
I just don't understand.....blink.png
It's a game in which you play as the manager/coach of the athlete instead of the athletes themselves. In other words, you train them and set their strategies, and then watch their matches instead of actually controlling the fighters.

The emphasis is on strategy and planning rather than button mashing or reflexes. Give it a shot! =)
Hi all,

Version 1.3 is released!
First, here is the download link:

New Feature:
Fighter Import/Export: From the Fighter Profile Screen, you can now export the selected fighter, into a new folder called ./Resources/Exports. Once exported, you can do two things with the export file.

a) You can import the fighter into the free agents list. From there, he is treated the same as any normal non-user controlled fighter. This can be done from the Manager Profile screen.

b) You can import him into a Fantasy Match. This can be done from each fighter’s profile screen. When you select a fighter to import as a Fantasy Opponent, he will immediately enter a match with the fighter currently selected via the drop-down selection. Keep in mind no record of this match is kept in the game itself - it is merely a feature to enable players to trade fighters and pair them up against each other for fun.

I’m hoping this feature will add a bit of life to the game =)

Hi all,

Version 1.3 is released!
First, here is the download link:

New Feature:
Fighter Import/Export: From the Fighter Profile Screen, you can now export the selected fighter, into a new folder called ./Resources/Exports. Once exported, you can do two things with the export file.

a) You can import the fighter into the free agents list. From there, he is treated the same as any normal non-user controlled fighter. This can be done from the Manager Profile screen.

b) You can import him into a Fantasy Match. This can be done from each fighter’s profile screen. When you select a fighter to import as a Fantasy Opponent, he will immediately enter a match with the fighter currently selected via the drop-down selection. Keep in mind no record of this match is kept in the game itself - it is merely a feature to enable players to trade fighters and pair them up against each other for fun.

I’m hoping this feature will add a bit of life to the game =)

Hey mate, just a quick bug I found while playing. Got my fighter to be a champion at a Organization and once their contract runs out they remain to be still champions meaning that they will have to fight in 2 different organization unless they won more titles are another one meaning it will keep adding up. Here's an quick example -
Image - http://puu.sh/kEMb

Has ruinned my game a bit, but still an easy bug to fix hopefully :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement