Sign in to follow this  
HamiltonLagrange

Looking for Resources

As the title suggests, I'm looking for resources like 3d models, sound clips, music. Push comes to shove, I could probably compose my own music (spending several hours per piece on garageband), but I'd really rather spend more time on the engine, if I can find other music I can use without the threat of impinging on copyright it'll be preferable. I neither have the interest nor the equipment to generate my own sound clips, so I'd be relying on someone elses too. I'd like to write my own game for fun and if it's decent, maybe even profit [img]http://public.gamedev.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]. I'm more than willing to write my own engine complete with graphics pipeline, physics (this'll have potential to get really advanced; incorporating Relativistic transformations), music and sound handling. My pocketbook is about as deep as an average episode of Family Guy. (Which is to say, not at all).

The main platform I'd be using for the graphics handling and rendering is OpenGL; although I've considered writing a cannibalized version of POVRay to handle the rendering. (This would be necessary because POVRay is designed for PhotoRealistic Images, and has realistic ray optics and can handle realistic reflection and refraction, and because PhotoRealistic images are computationally expensive to create, and I need something to render scenes interactively (Generating at least 60 frames per second); hence, I'll need to hack it).

I should probably state that POVRay is opensource and that altering it's code (hacking it), is legal.

I'm probably biting off a bit more than I can chew, but I'm motivated and at the very least I'll learn enough from working on this project to be a dangerously good programmer. (That's the goal)

I'll welcome any constructive advice/criticism.

Ok. So I've find a couple of websites that have free models written in the .md2 format. I've been figuring out how to use it. Once I have one of these models running and animated properly... I'll see if I can bind the vertices to the heat equation, and watch as the model diffuses. This is cool! :) :) :)