• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Anaatti

Rotko - an epic falling game

This topic is 2484 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As you are exploring some glaciers you fall into a chasm (rotko in finnish). Your goal is to survive the dangerously epic journey through the Earth.

So, this is a free game for Windows and Linux. The idea is pretty simple but the chasms are randomly generated so every playthrough will be unique. The game has a couple of difficulties and one endless that also has an online scoreboard.

There are various graphic effects in the game, such as bloom and motion blur, as I am interested in creating complex graphics. However, the effects are not achieved by using shaders but plain OpenGL 1.1. Therefore the effects are a little heavy and need a decent graphics card. But because of that the game can still run with lower graphics settings on pretty much any computer.

I have also created a small video trailer for this game. Here are the screenshots and last one is a link to the trailer on YouTube:
rotko1small.jpg rotko2small.jpg rotko3small.jpg rotko4small.jpg

Download Windows version
Download Linux version

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!