compressed texture size

Started by
2 comments, last by 21st Century Moose 12 years, 1 month ago
Hi I need to know wich is the minimum size (in pixels) for a compressed texture mipmap level. Is it 1 or is it depending on the typ of compression (for example 2x2 if s3tc compression used) ?

for example starting of a texture let's say 63x45 wich are the sizes of all successive mipmap levels?

Peace and love, now I understand really what it means! Guardian Angels exist! Thanks!

Advertisement

Hi I need to know wich is the minimum size (in pixels) for a compressed texture mipmap level. Is it 1 or is it depending on the typ of compression (for example 2x2 if s3tc compression used) ?

Mipmaps always go all the way down to 1x1 by default.

for example starting of a texture let's say 63x45 wich are the sizes of all successive mipmap levels?

Divide by two and round down to get the next mipmap size.
So it works the same also for compressed textures? I was supposing some different behaviour since compressed textures are different from normal textures XD but if you are correct their mipmaps act the same. Thank you.

Peace and love, now I understand really what it means! Guardian Angels exist! Thanks!

The answer to this is in the documentation for GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/texture_non_power_of_two.txt

There is no specified interaction between texture compression and non-power-of-two textures; issues 9 and 10 give further info that is relevant to your question.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement