[help] Real-time rasterizing 2D bezier curve based graphics

Started by
1 comment, last by Bombshell93 12 years, 1 month ago
at first I assumed this simple and I've thought through it a few times.
This is just something I'd like to experiment with.

I figured a plane with UV's would allow rasterizing post transformations in the pixel shader.
but that wouldn't really work, efficient rasterizing uses scan-lines. then a problem occured to me, in triangles its easy to know each scan-line can only have 1 start and 1 end. but bezier curve based shapes can very often be concave.
to avoid further confusion I tried doing some research, but when searching 2D rasterizing and the sorts. I only ever saw doing lines at a time, 3D rasterizing (triangles) or no capability of filling shapes.
I could maybe do a software rasterizer, but I've no idea how I could have it hardware accelerated :/

Any help on the subjects, papers, references, experience would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advanced,
Bombshell
Advertisement
Uhm, it is unclear to me if you're asking this for a software renderer or an hardware accelerated procedure... or maybe just for food of thought.
Anyway Resolution Independant Code Rendering might give you a few pointers... or perhaps not.
In terms of hardware acceleration, it's quite elegant. The non-intersection requirement is bad but in practice, I've found it to be rarely a problem. I have been told the same algo works "rather well" on software pipelines, who knows.

I'm not sure what's the deal with "post transformations" you mention.

Previously "Krohm"

thank you very much, that is exactly what I was looking for! also the "port transformation" was I was hoping to apply transformations to the vertices of a plane, then use UV coordinates to render the vector graphics, though this was a stupid idea, so I scraped that from the start.

Anyway thank you loads :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement