• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dechorus

Point and Click Graphic Adventure DEVELOPMENT BLOG

This topic is 2474 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings,

The gist of it: I'm making an adventure game in C#, and I've just started a development blog:
http://decorus-carcer.blogspot.co.nz/

I'm a fairly junior developer who's been working on an old school 2D point and click graphic adventure game for some time now. I'm coding it entirely by myself in C# using XNA.

I have made significant progress since I first undertook this fairly insane quest, bypassing opportunities to start out with tetris and mario clones while gunning straight for the big old graphic adventure. I've admittedly run into frequent road blocks regarding simple things like storing data (conversations, locations, etc) and saving the game. I've since overcome these issues, but of course with new nagging ones instantly taking their place.

I hope to document my progress as I continue developing the game. For those experienced devs out there, I'd really appreciate if you could follow my blog and my progress. It is a means for me to share my progress alongside any discoveries I make, but I also hope for it to be a forum of sorts for discussing techniques I've used, and the inevitable problems I come across. God knows I've far too often tried pulling my hair out as I hit problem after problem after problem - so I could really benefit from as many readers as possible.

As I continue to make progress on the game engine and iron out technical issues, I will disclose more information regarding the story and concept. As for now, all I can say is that the theme of the game is "beauty", and that there is a teaser video on the blog that partially gives away the look and feel the game will have.

Thank you to all who decide to check it out.

Advertisement
Very interesting. Im going to check your blog out as soon as I get home. Im also experimenting with an adventure game in xna.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!