• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wood_brian

Support for C++ math libraries

This topic is 2474 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The C++ Middleware Writer (CMW) has marshalling support for ::std::complex and IEEE floating point types, but doesn't have support for math libraries beyond that. I'm wanting to avoid adding support though for libraries that aren't thriving. I have some scientific programming experience, but not enough to know which libraries are thriving and which aren't. Of course sometimes a library seems to be dying and then is miraculously saved so it isn't easy to determine exactly how things will turn out, but am still interested in hearing thoughts on this. I've looked at a library called NTL -- there are references to gcc 2.95 and other references that seem it isn't being maintained. Is there an alternative to NTL out there that's doing better? I'm also interested in Rational or fixed integer libraries that are used as alternatives to floating point calculations, but again am not sure of what is being used. Just remembered the CMW supports ::std::valarray but that seems to have been a waste of time. I'd like to avoid the valarrays. Tia.

Advertisement

The C++ Middleware Writer (CMW) has marshalling support for ::std::complex and IEEE floating point types, but doesn't have support for math libraries beyond that. I'm wanting to avoid adding support though for libraries that aren't thriving. I have some scientific programming experience, but not enough to know which libraries are thriving and which aren't. Of course sometimes a library seems to be dying and then is miraculously saved so it isn't easy to determine exactly how things will turn out, but am still interested in hearing thoughts on this. I've looked at a library called NTL -- there are references to gcc 2.95 and other references that seem it isn't being maintained. Is there an alternative to NTL out there that's doing better? I'm also interested in Rational or fixed integer libraries that are used as alternatives to floating point calculations, but again am not sure of what is being used. Just remembered the CMW supports ::std::valarray but that seems to have been a waste of time. I'd like to avoid the valarrays. Tia.

What is a "thriving" library? If you find a library that has features you want, does it matter whether it is "thriving" (according to whatever your definition is for "thriving")? What features are you looking for in a library? Such information might make it easier for folks to point you to the something you can use.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!