• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
athono

How do you find missling links in a web site using Visual Studio?

This topic is 2374 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am studying a web site that caught my eye by making a test site privately. Since the original html and CSS and JavaScript code is on a Windows Server and since I am making a test version on a Linux server, there are issues with missing links because of case sensitivity.

Anyway, this is he point. When I load the test website, I get an error message that some file cannot be found, but it does not tell me what file. It is a very general error message. Because of the size and all the connections and files, it is difficult to track down what file is missing or misnamed file. Now, I think there is a way to easily find out exactly what file is not found. I think there is a way to do this using Visual Studio test classes and projects. Am I right?

Advertisement

I am studying a web site that caught my eye by making a test site privately. Since the original html and CSS and JavaScript code is on a Windows Server and since I am making a test version on a Linux server, there are issues with missing links because of case sensitivity.

Anyway, this is he point. When I load the test website, I get an error message that some file cannot be found, but it does not tell me what file. It is a very general error message. Because of the size and all the connections and files, it is difficult to track down what file is missing or misnamed file. Now, I think there is a way to easily find out exactly what file is not found. I think there is a way to do this using Visual Studio test classes and projects. Am I right?

Can you post a screen shot, or a more detailed copy of the error message it gives you, as from my experiences the error messages for missing content in a website in Visual Studio are quite detailed and explicit.

You are much more knowledgeable than I am about visual studio.

I want to know what you know.

I am using Visual Studio 11 Beta, but I do not think there is a lot of difference between this version and the previous versions.

How do I even load the html file for debugging? If I just load it as a file, I do not see how I can run the file.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!