• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
S&H Music

Programs

This topic is 2468 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am just wondering what are the best, and cheapest (if not free) programs to use that will help you create ideas in the 3D sense?

Already have a concept and artwork, and a lot of spare time to learn and adapt :)

Advertisement
It's not 100% clear from your question what type of software you're after -- do you want modelling software, or something to make a complete game?

Check out Unity3d, I have a feeling it may be the sort of thing you're wanting. smile.png

Thanks for the replies and the help via your suggestions guys :)

I will look into both and see if they are the things needed, and come back to let you know if they are not what I am after. Sorry to sound a bit confusing and not clear as a whistle. By the sounds of things though, they do sound promising and in the right path, so I will have a look at them to see if they help my idea getting better.

And yep, its a 3D modeller I am after to help my current ideas adapt further into creation land ;)

Cheers :)

This might sound silly, but I did download Blender for a start and I just have one question; if you are wanting to be uploading a picture you already have to make it form 3D, how do you go about that and is it possible? Or is working on your theme from the ground up in a program like that the only way to go?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!