Integrating Wwise in a VS2010 project

Started by
-1 comments, last by Calneon 12 years, 1 month ago
Eventually I want to be able to integrate Wwise into a Windows 8 Metro project but first I'm attempting to integrate it into a simple console application on Windows 7. I'm following the documentation, but as soon as I add this function:

bool InitSoundEngine()
{
//
// Create and initialize an instance of the default memory manager. Note
// that you can override the default memory manager with your own. Refer
// to the SDK documentation for more information.
//
AkMemSettings memSettings;
memSettings.uMaxNumPools = 20;
if ( AK::MemoryMgr::Init( &memSettings ) != AK_Success )
{
assert( ! "Could not create the memory manager." );
return false;
}
}

I get this error:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "enum AKRESULT __cdecl AK::MemoryMgr::Init(struct AkMemSettings *)" (?Init@MemoryMgr@AK@@YA?AW4AKRESULT@@PAUAkMemSettings@@@Z) referenced in function "bool __cdecl InitSoundEngine(void)" (?InitSoundEngine@@YA_NXZ) c:\Users\Sam\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Wwise Test\Wwise Test\Wwise Test.obj Wwise Test
[/quote]

From experience I know it's most likely an error with the library, but I'm sure I have the correct libraries included in the project. The Wwise SDK has .lib files for VS2010 on Windows 7 64-bit, and those are the ones I'm including. It finds the libraries fine. I don't know what to do and I can't find anybody else with the same issue. I've tried this on three different computers, two running Windows 7, and one Windows 8, all three get the same error.

Any help greatly appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement