• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

monoDevelop emulator run error

This topic is 2173 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I had installed monoDevelop and was trying to run a program using the emulator. There is no readMe to describe settings so I went with default settings (since i couldn't figure out what the difference was for different settings) . But I encountered the following error:

[color=#ff0000]Internal error. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Pls does anyone have a clue how to fix this proplem, If you know the correct settings could you pls paste it, m thanks

Advertisement
Nothing to do with the emulator or something, you tried to access an object reference which has a null attached to it.

Hidden
so do u know how to fix it? I hadnt explicitely done any proper coding so it must have been wrong setting that caused me to refence an object which is NULL, So if anyone knows about monoDevelop - what correct default setting?

It has nothing to do with monoDevelop, but with the program you are trying to run on the emulator. The program is the problem. How can I know which problem is when I don't know what program are you trying to run? Please share some source code from that program and I'll try to help.

Hidden
i doubt if its the code, u see, cus i loaded a project sample from the monoDevelop website in the link: http://new-docs.xamarin.com/Samples/Details?type=MonoForAndroid&id=8

it is called GLCube and i am trying to set up the emulator to run this example which they say rotates a cube so I can learn from it. But I'm stuck cus I cant get the emulator to run it.

xx

Do the other apps (non opengl) run on the emulator? One issue could be that if the application is using OpenGL 2.0, that is not supported on the emulator, only on devices.

Hidden
can't get the other non OpenGL sample programs to run either.

Hidden
I now try to do minimal setting at the launch of the emulator, but the sample programs still don't run. (though the error messge -above-is gone) Has anyone run samples on monoDevelop successfully before? If so lets know so i could elliminate the monoDevelop platform being the faulty party

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement