Robolegs - Mech FPS

Started by
18 comments, last by Fargamer 9 years, 11 months ago
You've done some great progress on this game. I'm impressed! Please continue to work on it and share the results!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
I think my favorite feature in the whole game is the jumping. I think it might be the coolest. Some games I see with giant robots don't give them that feature. I like the snow patrol mech's color a lot. It's white as snow.

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

Hey guys,
Just wanted to show some of the new level design that I've started. Also the screenshots on the first post have been updated to reflect the new Orion City Map design.

metaljacket-scr-alpha-6.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-11.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-13.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-19.jpg

New Levels

metaljacket-scr-alpha-19.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-20.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-21.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-22.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-23.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-24.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-25.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-26.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-27.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-28.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-29.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-30.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-31.jpg

You've done some great progress on this game. I'm impressed! Please continue to work on it and share the results!

Thanks a lot. Really appeciate the comment! :)

I think my favorite feature in the whole game is the jumping. I think it might be the coolest. Some games I see with giant robots don't give them that feature. I like the snow patrol mech's color a lot. It's white as snow.

Yeah, the jumping feature is quite unique, it's super fun when you play against friends. :)

The Snow Patrol Mech is also my favorite one.
TGIF Gamedevs!

Here's an update on Robolegs,

* Added Third Person view
* Revamped the GUI.
* Deathmatch Multiplayer is working! More game modes will be added!

ROBOLEGS-scr-alpha-32.jpg

ROBOLEGS-scr-alpha-33.jpg

ROBOLEGS-scr-alpha-34.jpg
Hey all! Just updated all the screenshots to show the new UI and 3rd person view. Hope you like what you see. There is a video coming soon.

Robolegs also has a site up now. Looking forward to feedback? :)
Yes! I'm glad you got the site up. Now I can sub and get the updates through my reader. I'm still looking forward to the demo and the video coming out soon.

As for feedback on the site, it just needs more media but I'm sure you're already working on that. The unit list hasn't been updated yet, so I'm not sure what that is. Can you tell me?

Also, I just noticed that when you click the 'Media' tab itself, that it doesn't bring up the 3 screenshots and trailer that you have, it just says "Screenshots and video coming soon." Perhaps there's a way to pull up both at once so people don't get the wrong idea? And sadly, the contact form doesn't show up either. Btw, I love the background image. It brings life to the site.

Game Music Life

In Game Screenshots

Orion City

rl-scr-1.jpg

rl-scr-2.jpg

rl-scr-3.jpg

Faction Base

rl-scr-4.jpg

rl-scr-5.jpg

rl-scr-6.jpg

rl-scr-7.jpg

rl-scr-8.jpg

rl-scr-9.jpg

rl-scr-10.jpg

Forest Level

rl-scr-11.jpg

rl-scr-12.jpg

rl-scr-13.jpg

rl-scr-14.jpg

Hey all I've just updated the screenshots on the previous reply. THe development of Robolegs was delayed quite a bit because my personal life took a beating but now things are on track and I'm back into full swing.

Robolegs will be split into 2 games. Robolegs 1 (Single Player) and Robolegs 2 (Multiplayer). Each game will be powered by a different engine. I have about 12 maps designed for the single player so far. A demo is on the way as soon as I have solved some AI issues the upload will be available. :)

Let me know what you think?

THanks,
Landman

That's awesome! I can't wait for the demo. The different player modes reminds me of Sonic games.

Game Music Life

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement