Robolegs - Mech FPS

Started by
18 comments, last by Fargamer 9 years, 12 months ago

metaljacket-logo.jpg

Developer:

fargamer-logo-web.png

Storyline: The year is 2180. Planet Earth has recently been involved with a World War. This was World War 5. There was a fight to stop our planet from becoming a One World Government, known as OWE. It was a war between government and a world counter terrorist movement. Through the availability of funding for technology, OWE won the war after nearly destroying planet earth.

In the great depths of space an enormous black hole opens and an entire solar system of unknown origin appears within a near distance of planet earth's a solar system. Another 6 planets appear within half a light year from earth's solar system.

According to the latest scout satellite photos, A planet known as "Planet Zephyr" has what appears to be large city structures around the entire planet. An intelligent race of aliens has been discovered and they are gathering armored forces to attack planet earth.

The aliens known as "Scalion" have heavily armored battleships surrounding earth. Earth's greatest Scientists have come to the theory that the "Scalion" came from a parallel dimension through the black hole. Earth's atmospheric defenses have not been able to take out the enemy.

You play the role as sergeant "Jason Rosemayer" an armored forces pilot for the One World Union Defense Army, known as the OWUDA. All forces on Earth join forces. It's your turn to take part in defending planet earth!

Description: A medium to fast pace FPS. Find yourself emerced in an environment which allows you to interact with and use to your advantage. Use technology and straight line of vision to fight your away across beautiful terrain and city landscapes.

Weapons Available

- Laser, standard range light ray emitting weapon
- Long Range Laser, long range light ray emitting weapon
- Blast Cannon, a cannon which projects multiple projectiles per shot. Used in close combat situations.
- Pulse Laser, a rapid firing laser cannon.
- Gause Cannon, a rail gun
- Short Range Missile Launcher
- Long Range Missile Launcher
- Mini Cannon, rapid firing projectile cannon.
- EMP Cannon, a cannon which fires a charge of high powered electrical particles.
- More weapons will be added to this list soon...

Updated Gameplay Video

[media]

[/media]

Old Gameplay Video

[media]

[/media]

In Game Screenshots

The expected release date will be in the final quarter of 2012.

More updates coming soon! All comments and feedback are welcome. smile.png

At the moment, I'm developing the Fargamer Studios' site.

Please let me know if there are any features that I can add to Robolegs.

Quick Concept Paintings

wolverine-bg.jpg

I'm looking for suggestions and feedback on how I can improve this. Hope you guys like what you see. smile.png

Thanks,
Landman
Advertisement
As a huge fan of Mechwarrior 2 / 3, and Steel Battalion, this looks very promising! Are you going for more of an Arcade or a Simulation feel?
My favorite mech game is Gundam Side Story for the Dreamcast. It was also a FPS Mech game. It just the right amount of exploration, enemies, sub-goals, and branching*. The only "flaws" was that it was too short (9 missions) and not enough customizations. I think there were 5 mechs you could get and maybe 10 custom weapons in the whole game. Just please, please don't make an Armored Core clone. **vomit**.

*Branching were things like:

• An enemy depot train went through a city. If you let it go, then the enemies held more territory and were able to finish a boss mech quicker. If you destroy it, then you were able to fight the incomplete boss mech and some missions became easier due to lack of enemies.
  • Keeping an incoming freight plane from being destroyed by the enemy allowed you to obtain the beam rifle in the next mission. Otherwise you wouldn't get it for another 3 missions.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

As a huge fan of Mechwarrior 2 / 3, and Steel Battalion, this looks very promising! Are you going for more of an Arcade or a Simulation feel?

@Berick! Thanks for the kind comment. It's difficult to decide, I do prefer the simulation feel to be honest. Like Mechwarrior 2 :)

My favorite mech game is Gundam Side Story for the Dreamcast. It was also a FPS Mech game. It just the right amount of exploration, enemies, sub-goals, and branching*. The only "flaws" was that it was too short (9 missions) and not enough customizations. I think there were 5 mechs you could get and maybe 10 custom weapons in the whole game. Just please, please don't make an Armored Core clone. **vomit**.

@Alpha_ProgDes, unfortunately, I am the only person working on this at the moment. I'm the developer, concept artist, modeler, UI designer etc. This is 3 months of work down the line, I thought it was starting to look good enough to show a work in progress.

As far as customization goes, I think that customization on the players Mech would be fairly limited. I do intend to have a HUGE array of weapons for the player to use. At the moment I only have 1 level (mission with no objectives) built. This is purely a testing ground so I can iron out bugs and get physics working properly. I think once all issues have been sorted, there will be around 20 missions available. A big issue is getting AI to work properly, it's turning out to be a big pain in the *beep*. haha! But progress is inevitable.

I like the Branching idea. It delivers a more dynamic scenario for the player. Thanks!

One thing to mention is that the first version Metal Jacket will be limited to Windows PCs only. Future versions will be ported to Mac/iPhone/iPad/Android devices...

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Landman
Hey all,

I've updated the storyline and game description in the first post. So now Metal Jacket actually has a storyline. :)

I've also added a list of weapons which I have currently developed up until now. I will be posting new screenshots later this week.

Please let me know what you guys think?

Thanks,
Landman
Here's a bit of an update. Finally have a working enemy AI mech and started with a new level design.

metaljacket-scr-alpha-14.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-15.jpg

Faction Base

metaljacket-scr-alpha-16.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-17.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-18.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-19.jpg

metaljacket-scr-alpha-20.jpg

What do you guys think so far? :)

Thanks,
Landman
Hey all,

Just to give you some more goodness. I've added some gameplay footage in the first post.

[media='600x600']
[/media]

Thanks,
Landman
Could an administrator please rename this thread to "Robolegs - Mech FPS"?

I may face a law suit if it is not changed, because a Japanese company made a game in 1995 called Metal Jacket.

Landman
Hey all!

Development of Robolegs restarted. The game is longer running on FPSC due to lack of performance and limitations of the engine. Luckily any artwork could be used again in the new development. Here's a teaser:

[media]
[/media]

Thanks,
Landman
Hey all! Here is the update Mech that the player uses in Robolegs.

poster-robolegs-wolverinemk2-snow.jpg

poster-robolegs-wolverinemk2-urban.jpg

poster-robolegs-wolverinemk2-desert.jpg

Please let me know what you think? :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement