Real time strategy game

Started by
5 comments, last by controltheland 12 years ago
We have developed a browser based real time strategy game.
www.razarion.com

Please give us some feedback smile.png

• How well does it work in your browser
  • What do you think about the in-game GUI
  • What do you think about the other pages (layout, design)
  • What can we improve

This is an open source project.
Information about the used technology can be found on the about page.
Advertisement
This game is suburb!!!
What is you're skype? I'd really much would like to contact you!
Wow, that works really well! Nice overall performance!

What I would like from the game is

- The land which is uniformly tiled might need to be shaded by, like a "macro detail texture". I think I just invented that term. :-/
Think of your tiles as the detail texture, and i think the map needs a coarser texture on the top of it. You could probably just blend
larger images across, or maybe just pick from a more varied tileset - Even if the map is all grass - A little plant here, a fern, small stones etc. Debris.

- A way to know that an order has successfully been issued, and as such is "acknowledged!" (nudge, nudge! ;) ) - or maybe displaying a cross below the mouse cursor,
to indicate that the unit knows where the player asked it to go.

- Sprites that change instantly, and don't flicker when they turn.

- Explosion sprites that don't exceed their image boundaries and look like yellow rectangles with rounded corners.
I know you guys are limited by the canvas performance, but some simple particle effects would do the game good.... Also, you could use a particle system
to have the vehicles leave tire tracks in the snow, or as mud in the grass.

+ Another improvement could be decals. You could use a particle system to manage these too, but just think scorching the earth with a black region where a missile just landed...

- And, oh, -the sound effects are really annoying! :)

- The land which is uniformly tiled might need to be shaded by, like a "macro detail texture". I think I just invented that term. :-/

That's a cool term smile.png We will improve the terrain soon.

- A way to know that an order has successfully been issued, and as such is "acknowledged!" (nudge, nudge! ;) ) - or maybe displaying a cross below the mouse cursor,
to indicate that the unit knows where the player asked it to go.

I am not sure if this is necessary. You see what a unit is doing.

Sprites is a must. We are working on itsmile.png
Haha I like the concept. Takes me back to red alert. Maybe it just needs some cleaning up, smoother sprites and better sounds. Perhaps bigger maps to build up bases and attack the fortified enemy? Good job anyway
We did some improvements:

• Sprite map used to prevent image flickering
  • Mini map shows items more correctly on large terrains
  • Fade in and out fixed if the mission is finished
  • High sore table has been redesigned

Please give us some feedback
Thanks for the feedback guys :)

• We have improved scrolling. Edge scrolling is now possible. Please give it a try
  • Quests and missions handling is no better. The quest progress is displayed on the right top corner
  • We have also added an in-game chat

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement