Critique My Game.

Started by
6 comments, last by _Ethereal_ 12 years, 1 month ago
Hey Guys.
Thanks for coming by, I have made my Pong game, Ive already done it once, But now with more features, Its called The Pongster, Critique my game, And you can download the Source and the Game and If you have time, Play it and tell me how it is.
Its got Music and stuff too.
Thanks!

Note: This is compiled in Windows 7 and i doubt it would work in Windows XP, But i will be uploading the Windows XP version soon. Thanks.

Source and Game:
http://www.mediafire...7vg478qq7kgquu9

ScreenShots:
161cbya.png

jhd7ok.png

Code Sample:
There is a Lot of code in the project and i cant post everything, So here is some incase you dont believe me

main.cpp

/*COPYRIGHT*/
/* This game was solemnly made by Rahul */
/*Finished at March 9th, 2012 */
/* Compiled in Windows 7, EXPORTED AND COMPILED IN Windows XP too */
/*You are welcome to use the code for knowledge, If you are using it on your code, send a shout to my name */
/*Enjoy the Game! :) */

#include "game.h"

int main( int argc, char** argv )
{
Game g;
g.Start();

return 0;
}

paddle.h

#ifndef _PADDLE_H
#define _PADDLE_H

#include "functions.h"
#include "game.h"

class Paddle : public Functions
{
private:
float x1, y1, x2, y2;
float velocity;
int w, h;
SDL_Surface *img, *img1;

public:
Paddle();
~Paddle();
virtual void DrawImage();
virtual bool loadImage();
void Move( SDL_Event event );
void computerAI( float y, bool cEasy, bool cHard, bool cMighty);
SDL_Rect* getPRect(); //Players rect
SDL_Rect* getCRect(); //Computers rect
};

#endif

paddle.cpp

#include "paddle.h"

Paddle::Paddle()
{
x1 = 10;
y1 = 320;
x2 = 610;
y2 = 240;
velocity = 2;
w = 20;
h = 70;
if(Easy) velocity = 2;
if(Hard) velocity = 5;

loadImage();
}

Paddle::~Paddle()
{
SDL_FreeSurface(img);
}

void Paddle::Move( SDL_Event event )
{
if( event.type == SDL_MOUSEMOTION)
{
y1 = event.motion.y;
if( y1 < 0 )
{
y1 = 0;
}
if( y1 > SDL_GetVideoSurface()->h - h )
{
y1 = (float)SDL_GetVideoSurface()->h - h;
}
}
}

void Paddle::DrawImage()
{
Functions::DrawImage(img, SDL_GetVideoSurface(), (int)x1, (int)y1);
Functions::DrawImage(img1, SDL_GetVideoSurface(), (int)x2, (int)y2);
}

bool Paddle::loadImage()
{
img = Functions::loadImage("GFX/paddle.bmp");
img1 = Functions::loadImage("GFX/paddle.bmp");
if(!img || !img1 )
{
printf("Error loading Paddle Image");
return false;
}

return true;
}

void Paddle::computerAI( float y, bool cEasy, bool cHard, bool cMighty )
{
if(cEasy)
{
if( y2 < y )
{
y2 += 3.0;
}
else if( y2 > y )
{
y2 -= 3.0;
}

}
else if(cHard)
{
if( y2 < y )
{
y2 += 5.0;
}
else if( y2 > y )
{
y2 -= 5.0f;
}
}
else if(cMighty)
{
y2 = y;
}

if( y2 < 0 )
y2 = 0;
if( y2 > SDL_GetVideoSurface()->h - h )
y2 = (float)SDL_GetVideoSurface()->h - h;
}

SDL_Rect* Paddle::getPRect()
{
SDL_Rect rect = { (int)x1, (int)y1, 20, 70 };
return &rect;
}

SDL_Rect* Paddle::getCRect()
{
SDL_Rect rect = { (int)x2, (int)y2, 20, 70 };
return &rect;
}

Thanks For playing my game!
~Rahul
Advertisement
My critique is as simple as that: "The program cannot be started since MSVCP100D.dll is missing on the computer. Reinstalling the program might fix this problem."
Running on Windows 7 64-bit
Well at least the screenshots look nice tongue.png

My critique is as simple as that: "The program cannot be started since MSVCP100D.dll is missing on the computer. Reinstalling the program might fix this problem."

Really? Mine is a Windows 7 32- bit.. I guess that makes a difference too, I'll try and see if i can export it to Windows 7 64 bit, Sorry!
Thanks!

[quote name='m41q' timestamp='1331303670' post='4920675']

Really? Mine is a Windows 7 32- bit.. I guess that makes a difference too, I'll try and see if i can export it to Windows 7 64 bit, Sorry!
Thanks!
[/quote]

If people are getting that error you should check and make sure you posted the Release build and not the debug build. Second, look for a directory similar to this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC100.CRT. If you find it, you should see 2 dlls in there - msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll. Include both of them along with your game and see if it solves the problem.

If people are getting that error you should check and make sure you posted the Release build and not the debug build. Second, look for a directory similar to this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC100.CRT. If you find it, you should see 2 dlls in there - msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll. Include both of them along with your game and see if it solves the problem.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for the tip, I compiled it in release and added the two dll's
Now heres the game folder, Thanks.
Hi i really like this game well done :)

it flows very well and feels very smooth to play. The music changer is cool and the menus and stuff look good.

the only thing i will snag is when you press esc maybe it should ask to go back to a menu screen, credits or exit game.

Hi i really like this game well done smile.png

it flows very well and feels very smooth to play. The music changer is cool and the menus and stuff look good.

the only thing i will snag is when you press esc maybe it should ask to go back to a menu screen, credits or exit game.

Thanks for playing the game, And thanks for the tip too, I will try to rebuild it,
Hope you enjoyed it :)

[quote name='Tropical' timestamp='1331313257' post='4920717']
[quote name='m41q' timestamp='1331303670' post='4920675']

Thanks!
[/quote]

[/quote]

@OP If you change your code generation settings to "Multi-Threaded" instead of "Multi-Threaded DLL" this error won't occur and you won't have to distribute the dll's ;)

-Ethereal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement