• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
diolee

Does boost::pool really header-only in 1.49.0 ?

This topic is 2317 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Before I used the boost::pool version 1.43, it's head file only indeed.

Now I update the boost lib to version 1.49, although the document said:
The Boost Pool library is a header-only library. That means there is no .lib, .dll, or .so to build;[/quote]

But when I compile my project, here it is the error information:
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_thread-vc100-mt-gd-1_49.lib'[/quote]

I googled for answer, but nothing helpful.

Does Anyone know the reason?

Advertisement
The missing file is from boost::thread, which you probably didn't build, not from boost::pool. Maybe there are #defines to disable thread related features and sever the dependency, but I'd try compiling boost::thread first.

The missing file is from boost::thread, which you probably didn't build, not from boost::pool. Maybe there are #defines to disable thread related features and sever the dependency, but I'd try compiling boost::thread first.

Thank you for the information, it's very helpful:)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!