• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Questions on the "dynamic content loading" example on AppHub.

This topic is 2167 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[color=#4A4A4A]Hi folks,
[color=#4A4A4A]
I'm not really new to programming or XNA but I still find it hard to completely understand the "WinForms Series 2: Content Loading".
[color=#4A4A4A]
As I get it, the MainForm.LoadModel(); Unloads the current model and loads the user specified model. So according to this There is always only one model on screen.
[color=#4A4A4A]
1. My first question is, what if I want to draw several models? I guess I simply wouldn't call the Unload-method?
[color=#4A4A4A]
2. The second and most important of my questions is, what to do if I want to load the same Model several times? Let's say, three spaceships at a time? How would I tell the ContentBuilder that every time I pick a Model in the FileDialog he should create a completely new Model?
[color=#4A4A4A]
F.e.: I already tried to Load several models of the same kind by putting them into Lists. But the Problem was I somehow always had only references to my First loaded model. So basically they all were the same. And changing one of them automatically changed the referenced models.
[color=#4A4A4A]
I hope you guys get my problem.[color=#4A4A4A]
I am pretty certain that is a noob question. Still I would be thankful for any advice.
[color=#4A4A4A]
Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement