Humans Must Answer (2D space shooter)

Started by
40 comments, last by Adaline 11 years ago
pictures are good but the video is better. so Humans Must Answer: Main Battle Space Tank "Three Sisters"

[media]
[/media]
Advertisement
Space Gas Station

gasStation800.jpg
Can I tell you that I love this? It looks like it's got all the stuff I reminisce about in old arcade games, plus really pretty visual effects, plus some twists on gameplay, plus creative weapons. Well done (so far)! And good luck!
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Can I tell you that I love this? It looks like it's got all the stuff I reminisce about in old arcade games, plus really pretty visual effects, plus some twists on gameplay, plus creative weapons. Well done (so far)! And good luck!

thank you very much! ) we try hard.
and we have more interesting and crazy ideas. with all that stuff I think we need some sort of tutorial for this game =)
new video - Flying Barrels Test, Environmental Kills

[media]
[/media]
We are working on some "industrial zone"-levels content: cranes, containers, trains, loaders, saws, flamethrowers, lasers etc.

[media]
[/media]

So in this video we want to show you some content and one of the enemies from that levels. It's an enemy with big magnet that use circular saw like yo-yo. His saw is undestructable so you must dodge it. This enemy isn't very dangerous alone and when you have enough space for manoeuvre. Otherwise he can be very nasty.

But hey, we have the ability to combine weapons! And it's one of the many moments when that ability can be very helpful. When you combine main energy weapon with energy ball you create a powerful lightning arc that send back enemy's saws with great speed.

And new art

IndustrialZone800.jpg
Great work! I love the barrels.
I really LOVE the art, just hope you'll animate the ship so it rolls slightly when you go up/down :)
Visual feedback like that is always nice and makes it feel less static, especially since the player ship will always be on screen.
Looks really fun, great work!
Love the art style too :)
And +1 on the post above, you will look at or around your ship most of the time, worth it to give it some extra animations and details.
thanks guys!

about animation. we are considering options.it's not that easy :)

First. We don't have animator. All animations in game are made by code and particle system! )
Second. We have some effects for player ship. For example when you buy energy armor it's not only sprite but sprite + some effects.
Third. Ship hitbox always must be visible and obvious.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement