• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_Vicious_

ValidateNoUsage and string factory

This topic is 2289 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Andreas,

I'm hitting an assertion in asCConfigGroup::ValidateNoUsage again, this time for a string factory function on this line:

asASSERT( func->returnType.GetObjectType() != type );

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't ValidateNoUsage also ignore the string factory functions like it does a few lines above that:

// Ignore factory, list factory, and members
if( func->name == "_beh_2_" || func->name == "_beh_3_" || func->objectType == type )
continue;

?

If not, what might this assertion indicate?

P.S.
In my case func->name is _string_factory_, if that matters.

Advertisement
Actually, ignore everything above, this is the same problem as in this thread: http://www.gamedev.n...pp/page__st__20 , the problem has somehow resurfaced again.

Whenever I do something like this in my script:

@ent.think = misc_capture_area_indicator_think;

I need to call the ->Release function on the asCScriptFunction * object twice for each @ent object for assertion not to happen. It appears that assigment operation also takes an unreleased handle on that function or something like that?..

Nvm, problem solved :) I wasn't properly handling a particularly tricky case of an object releasing itself in the initialization fuction. Case closed :P

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!