MVS + C# + XNA to iOs? is it possible?

Started by
3 comments, last by NightCreature83 12 years, 1 month ago
as the title ask's, is it possible to code on a windows machine in c# (xna) & visual studio and then somehow port to iOs?

ive done some reserch and found ExEn, Monotouch and Mono, but I still cant work out if it is doable!

has anyone achieved this, how did it go and what hurdles did you have to over come?
Advertisement
sadly, no..

XNA is a framework that utilizes DirectX. DirectX is a true Microsoft product, so there are no DirectX API's on Mac OS or iOS.

You can port c++ with OpenGL though. Mac OS uses OpenGL and iOS uses a somewhat stripped down version of OpenGL.
Wait, you already researched and found ExEn but still don't have an answer?

Andrew Russell has a demo video on his page showing the process of taking an existing XNA project and porting it to iOs with ExEn.

So yes, it's doable. However you still have to modify some code and add the barest of platform-specific calls.

Hazard Pay :: FPS/RTS in SharpDX (gathering dust, retained for... historical purposes)
DeviantArt :: Because right-brain needs love too (also pretty neglected these days)

from my research it seems possible to port xna to ios but with a mac and not a pc. im wondering if its possible to do it totally with a pc and not touching a mac.

basicly im in love with xna and dont own a mac but myself and alot of friends have iphones, i have a utility in mind that i know i could make (with xna) on my pc but want to use it on my iphone.

thanks for the input.
One of the other options is Mono for IOs and OpenTK, it's not free though and you need a full license of VS.

Worked on titles: CMR:DiRT2, DiRT 3, DiRT: Showdown, GRID 2, theHunter, theHunter: Primal, Mad Max, Watch Dogs: Legion

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement