• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Arkanoid

Optimisation

This topic is 2344 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have model:
Polys: 13 572
Vertex: 13 867

And texture 4096x4096 - size is so big, because this is a global map and texture mast looking good, when camera is too close to map.

I also loaded 3 low-poly models... I have crazy lags, how can i optimize my project?

Advertisement
Try frustum culling and use mipmapped textures...google it. Since you are using D3D 9, try using progressive meshes too

I checked my program one other computer - and it works normal....so the problem is on computer, not with code...but how to understand where is it?

Firstly you need to profile to find out where the issue is.

Try PerfHUD for GPU profiling and Very Sleepy for CPU profiling, if PerfHUD tells you the bottleneck isn't the GPU.

PerfHUD - i don't understand how to use it, i add to my code adapter, but i have problems with license...Is there any program to find and fix problems on computer?

The PerfHUD documentation is available for download from that same web site, which explains clearly how to use it. It will of course only work if you have an Nvidia graphics card, however I don't know of any good alternatives for AMD cards that work with DX9.

Also try doing a CPU profile anyway, it can still be helpful without the GPU profile.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!