• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

has anyone got the zen of direct3d game programming

This topic is 2137 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, i have recently brought this book from amazon but it didnt include the CD.
i was just wondering if anyone has a copy of the CD as i cant find anyway to buy a new one and the website doesnt work.

this book is about 10 years old so thats probably why i cant find anyway to buy a new copy of the CD.

If anyone would be able to sort out a few of the source codes from the CD for me i would appreciate it. I know it would have a few bmp files and a .x model but im sure i can make my own to replace them its just the source for the chapters that i would like as i am writing the code from the book but if you have this book you would know that its not always clear where the code needs to be added sometimes.

Please Delete this thread if needed as i dont want to get anybody into trouble including myself. i dont want to steal a copy of the CD just would be nice to see it complete and not in fragments like in the book.

Many thanks guys :)

Advertisement
I cant help with the CD, but Is there any particular reason you are learning DirectX 8? Anyway if there is no CD and their website doesnt work, ask for a refund, that book got a lot of hate when it was 'useful'. If you want to learn DirectX and have no real reason learning DirectX 8 then you may want to consider learning DirectX 10/11 or at least DirectX 9.

i will learn dx9 but the main reason is that i have the book now and i can learn about 3D from it and its nice to have the concepts and ideas from it. i know there are much newer techniques and better ones but the foundation should be the same.

this book and a few others that i brought where cheap, newer ones for dx10/11 are quite expensive and although there are lots of tutorials and lessons online i find it easier to learn from a book as the style from one chapter to the next is roughly the same but to find good tutorials that follow along with the same base code isnt as easy to find.

as i have gone along in the book i have tried to convert it to dx9 and once i have the last chapters example complete and working i can then use my knowledge and new understanding to convert to dx10 or 11.

the only real problem is that this book has the complete code in places and then adds to that code with little to explaination as to where they go but slowly im getting through this.

thanks again :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement