• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ripiz

Visual Studio 2010 include path priority issue

This topic is 2344 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

I am using Visual Studio 2010 C++ Express and having a little problem with include paths.
I am using Assimp library and included it's include directory to project's additional include directories (Properties > C/C++ > General > Additional Include Directories).
That allows me to include Assimp without specifying any paths (#include <assimp.hpp>), however Assimp contains file called assert.h, which's filename matches standard assert.h, therefore when I want to include standard assert.h (#include <assert.h>) it includes Assimp's one and I get a lot of errors.
How to resolve this issue, to include both assert.h without issues?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
As given in the installation instructions, the include path should be set to assimp/include, and as given in the sample files, you include the files as #include <assimp/whatever.h>. Note that the include path has an additional subdirectory named assimp which shall not be included in the include-path, but has to be included in the #include statement. There is no collision, since the Assimp headers are in their own subdirectory.

Thank you. That solved the issue, however I had hopes there's a way without paths :)
Also I just noticed new Assimp version has very different includes.

Thank you again.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!