Visual Studio 2010 include path priority issue

Started by
1 comment, last by Ripiz 12 years ago
Hello,

I am using Visual Studio 2010 C++ Express and having a little problem with include paths.
I am using Assimp library and included it's include directory to project's additional include directories (Properties > C/C++ > General > Additional Include Directories).
That allows me to include Assimp without specifying any paths (#include <assimp.hpp>), however Assimp contains file called assert.h, which's filename matches standard assert.h, therefore when I want to include standard assert.h (#include <assert.h>) it includes Assimp's one and I get a lot of errors.
How to resolve this issue, to include both assert.h without issues?

Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
As given in the installation instructions, the include path should be set to assimp/include, and as given in the sample files, you include the files as #include <assimp/whatever.h>. Note that the include path has an additional subdirectory named assimp which shall not be included in the include-path, but has to be included in the #include statement. There is no collision, since the Assimp headers are in their own subdirectory.
Thank you. That solved the issue, however I had hopes there's a way without paths :)
Also I just noticed new Assimp version has very different includes.

Thank you again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement