• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MilesRobson

Need help running a XNA PC game on Xbox 360

This topic is 2399 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been messing around with some tutorials, and I wanted create a deploy-able copy of my project onto my Xbox 360. But what runs alright on PC, turns out to be a strange mess on Xbox 360.
The game lags terribly, and it only shows a small portion of the game. I tried googling my answer, but so far only figured out how to full screen it onto my PC, which runs fine.

this.graphics.PreferredBackBufferWidth = 800;
this.graphics.PreferredBackBufferHeight = 600;

this.graphics.IsFullScreen = true;
That's the only thing I had to do for my game to run properly in FS

I found some things for Windows Phone, but nothing on Xbox360

Obviously, some sort of solution is out there, but I cannot seem to find it.
It's 2 o'clock in the morning, and I might wake up with a eureka moment.
The below dropbox link is for my tutorials source code, so you can see it yourself if you wish
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30101266/Chapter07.zip

Advertisement

I have no experience with deploying on the xbox so can't help you why it runs slow. However the small portion it shows is probably the title safe area, it is especially important to set this when using old TV's. Here is some more info on this:
http://msdn.microsof...lesafearea.aspx
Thanks, I'll look into it asap. The code also produces a lot of "garbage".

First time experiencing that >.>

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!