• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

IDirect3DDevice8::CreateDevice returns D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE if I use BoundsChecker

This topic is 2162 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I decide to check my application for error and memory leaks.

I use DevPartner BoundsChecker.

But if I am starting my app with error detector then IDirect3DDevice8::CreateDevice failed with D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE error

maybe somebody worked with BoundsChecker and resolved this trouble.
Support of BoundsChecker does not answer (

PS MSVC 2005, DX8,

Advertisement
Do you get any output from the DirectX debug runtimes (Go to Start Menu -> Programs -> DirectX SDK -> Tools -> DirectX Control Panel (Or somewhere like that), then select "Use Debug Version of Direct3D9" on the Direct3D 9 tab)? I'm not sure if you will however, I don't remember if this works for DX8.

This might not help, but that error from CreateDevice() or GetDeviceCaps() usually means that hardware acceleration isn't available - I.e. if you're running through remote desktop or a virtual machine or similar. Perhaps BoundsChecker is doing something that prevents D3D from getting a device?

You could try creating a reference device instead (D3DDEVTYPE_REF), but it'll be incredibly slow to use. It sounds like an issue with BoundsChecker though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement