• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
progman_rus

IDirect3DDevice8::CreateDevice returns D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE if I use BoundsChecker

This topic is 2257 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I decide to check my application for error and memory leaks.

I use DevPartner BoundsChecker.

But if I am starting my app with error detector then IDirect3DDevice8::CreateDevice failed with D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE error

maybe somebody worked with BoundsChecker and resolved this trouble.
Support of BoundsChecker does not answer (

PS MSVC 2005, DX8,

Advertisement
Do you get any output from the DirectX debug runtimes (Go to Start Menu -> Programs -> DirectX SDK -> Tools -> DirectX Control Panel (Or somewhere like that), then select "Use Debug Version of Direct3D9" on the Direct3D 9 tab)? I'm not sure if you will however, I don't remember if this works for DX8.

This might not help, but that error from CreateDevice() or GetDeviceCaps() usually means that hardware acceleration isn't available - I.e. if you're running through remote desktop or a virtual machine or similar. Perhaps BoundsChecker is doing something that prevents D3D from getting a device?

You could try creating a reference device instead (D3DDEVTYPE_REF), but it'll be incredibly slow to use. It sounds like an issue with BoundsChecker though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!