• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Maxtomuu

OpenGL Transform-feedback issue when using SLI boards

This topic is 2431 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem when using transform feedback on machines with two SLI connected graphics-cards. I have tried two GTX580 and two GTX280m with the latest nvidia drivers.

During runtime several transform-feedback recordings are performed in which I fill vertexbuffers using a geometry shader. The correct creation and the following primitive query both seem to fail.

The resulting effects are vertexbuffers with partially incorrect data and array accesses exceeding the vertexbuffer bounds (because of the wrong query results). Also, the vertexbuffer in question can only be seen in every second frame, which produces a flickering inbetween two frames. Everything is working fine in non-SLI mode.

Do I have to take any precautions when using SLI? Could this be an Nvidia/OpenGL driver issue?

Cheers

Advertisement
Hidden
Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem when using transform feedback on machines with two SLI connected graphics-cards. I have tried two GTX580 and two GTX280m with the latest nvidia drivers.

During runtime several transform-feedback recordings are performed in which I fill vertexbuffers using a geometry shader. The correct creation and the following primitive query both seem to fail.

The resulting effects are vertexbuffers with partially incorrect data and array accesses exceeding the vertexbuffer bounds (because of the wrong query results). Also, the vertexbuffer in question can only be seen in every second frame, which produces a flickering inbetween two frames. Everything is working fine in non-SLI mode.

Do I have to take any precautions when using SLI? Could this be an Nvidia/OpenGL driver issue?

Cheers

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!