Beginner Tool

Started by
2 comments, last by epreisz_138072 12 years ago
Hey everyone, I work at GarageGames.

We are looking for a few people to help us test out a new game dev tool we have in R&D that focuses on developers who are completely new to game development (no programming required). If that sounds like you and you would like to have an early look, feel free to contact me: ericp@garagegames.com and I can add you to the closed alpha.

We are only letting in a few people because we want to work closely with a small group before we let others in.

In return for joining us and given feedback, I would be more than willing to give you some one-on-one time on Skype to give you opinions on how to break into the game industry or info on game education ( I was a department chair and course director at Full Sail's game program for a few years)

@GameDev...if I've violated forum posting rules with this...sorry...won't happen again...I'll buy Drew a beer next time I see him to make up for it.
Advertisement
Having absolutely no knowledge of your product or your staff, I find that looking over your site you have a huge forum and active community, over 150,000 posts.

So do you really need testers or just more customers?

I also see "Phil" made an account and is now posting in your general forums, congratulations to both of you.

Having absolutely no knowledge of your product or your staff, I find that looking over your site you have a huge forum and active community, over 150,000 posts.

So do you really need testers or just more customers?

I also see "Phil" made an account and is now posting in your general forums, congratulations to both of you.

Actually it makes sense, they are pitching a new product to people with no prior experience. If you were to do a Venn diagram of GG forum users and people with 0 experience, there will be little to no overlap.

As a matter of curiousity ( I don't fit the demographic you are searching for ), is this a 3D tool or a 2D tool? Zero programming 2D tools are far to common these days, you would be entering an extremely crowded market.

That said, if you've made a beginner friendly 3D game engine, that has a ton of market potential, as there are very little to no products in that space.
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

Actually it makes sense, they are pitching a new product to people with no prior experience. If you were to do a Venn diagram of GG forum users and people with 0 experience, there will be little to no overlap.

[/font][/quote]

Exactly...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

So do you really need testers or just more customers?[/quote]

[/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#282828"]Yes ;) But this product is more on the R&D level and we don't expect it to have a monetizable component for quite some time.[/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#282828"]

[/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#282828"]As a matter of curiosity ( I don't fit the demographic you are searching for ), is this a 3D tool or a 2D tool?[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=1]

[/quote]

[/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#282828"]Yes ;) What we are doing is based on a lot of market research. So competition or not, we think we can meet the needs of the market better than many/most current efforts. We'll see I guess.[/font]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement