• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Anddos

Spider mmo idea

This topic is 2253 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Not sure if i have suggested this before here but i would like develop a spider mmo , you woud start as a small spider when you spawn and the idea of the game is to make webs ,catch flys in them and grow, players would see that you get bigger because the server would save the scale sizes etc and the server would also save you're webs to so when you go back you can go on them and eat the flys, you might even be able to attack each other but spiders dont normally do that right?, would you guys like to see something like this?, i think it would make interesting gameplay as its all about survival and domination.

Advertisement
I think this fits more in the design area.

Anyway. All ideas can work if you execute it right, but you'll need more than a "would you guys like it?" I personally think that you will need to dig a bit deeper in to what might be fun to do and what not. You will want people to come back ingame to play, so you'll need to give them a reason to do so, especially if you want to make it an MMO. Take a look at games you have played, what made you continue/replay the game?

and also, there are a lot of people who suffer from arachnophobia(a morbid fear of spiders). yes, I do too :( so i'd probably never go near your MMO :) I't the same reason why I didn't play LIMBO. So, IMHO, If you focus on spiders, it's better to make them lees spidery for people like us ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!