• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Oogst

Joystick library with rumble and dynamic connect/disconnect?

This topic is 2457 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking for an input library that can handle joysticks and supports both rumble and dynamically connecting and disconnecting joysticks. I use SDL for all other input (and for window creation), but SDL does not support rumble and dynamic connecting of joysticks. So I was looking into OIS, but OIS does not seem to support dynamic connect/disconnect either. So, is there a multi-platform (Windows + Mac and preferably Linux) joystick/input library that can do these things?

A nice bonus feature would be if the library also handles the left and right triggers of an Xbox controller correctly, since these are often put on a single axis, which makes it impossible to press both. Of course I also want to support any other controllers, not just Xbox controllers.

Thanks in advance! :)

Advertisement
Does no one know any other input libraries than SDL and OIS that do both Mac and Windows?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!