• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
public Ryan

using array values to fill a Matrix

This topic is 2335 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I am a rather unexperienced programmer and new to this forum.

In my current C++ project I am working a lot with matrices (using openCV) and arrays.

For calculations I need to use cv::Mat and often I want to put the values from an array in an cv::Mat

say I got the previously filled array "double A[3][3]" and I want to get a matrix with the same values. Now I would like to copy the values directly, something like so: Mat MatA = Mat(A). But as far as I know, cv::Mat doesn't take an array in any of it's constructors. So my workaround for this is to create another type cv::CvMat which CAN take an array, and then copying the data to a cv::Mat type, like so:

CvMat CvMA = cvMat(3, 3, CV_64FC1, A);
const CvMat* ptr = &CvMA;
Mat MatA = Mat(ptr, true);

This annoys me as I have the feeling it could be done way better. Does anyone know how? Otherwise I feel like writing a function just for that, so I don't have to type 3 lines each time.

Also, if I wanted to fill an array again with the values from a cv::Mat, I only know how to do so by fetching each value individually, like
A[1][2] = MatA.at<double>(1,2);

I could write a for loop to fill them all. But once again, is there a better way to do this?

I

Advertisement
Ok, I worked around it by making this function:

cv::Mat Transform::arrayMat(double *a, int r, int c)
{
CvMat CvMA = cvMat(r, c, CV_64FC1, a);
const CvMat* ptr = &CvMA;
Mat MatA = Mat(ptr, true);
return MatA;
}

then calling it like this (where A is a previously filled 3x3 array)

Mat MatA = arrayMat(&A[0][0], 3, 3);

If there is a standard way to achieve the same, I'd like to know

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!