• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Lots of new members on this site

This topic is 2113 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello

I am under the impression that lately a lot of new members are registering on this site.
Or maybe I was just not paying attention before.

Is it because of the new redesign? At least gamdev ranks pretty high in google search results now.

Would be pretty interesting to see some real data about this.

Cheers

Advertisement
Everyone saw drawsomething sell for 200mil and are here to make their fortune.

Seriously though, I'm curious myself.

I've been reading forum posts and articles on this site for years. I guess I just finally decided to create an account in case I ever want to post something.

That is my story, anyways.

Would be pretty interesting to see some real data about this.

Not much to show really, our stats system doesn't have any cool way to display registration numbers other than spitting out a table of dates each with a graph bar and a number of registrations for that date. Looking over the last two years of registrations (the site was re-launched at the start of 2011) I'd estimate by looking at the numbers we have an average of 40-45 registrations per day. It's been like this pretty much every day the past two years with few exceptions - one day back in Oct of last year saw 821 new registrations - I have no idea what that's from but now I'm curious so I'm going to try to find out.

Anyways if you're noticing more new people it's not really from an uptick in registration but from an uptick in participation, which I think is a good sign

I'd estimate by looking at the numbers we have an average of 40-45 registrations per day. It's been like this pretty much every day the past two years with few exceptions - one day back in Oct of last year saw 821 new registrations - I have no idea what that's from but now I'm curious so I'm going to try to find out.

That was shortly after an update to the site, and alot of spammers signed up. It was taken care of sortly after. [thread]

Oh wow you're right that was then. Probably explains the other spikes as well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement