need suggestions for game editors/engines

Started by
3 comments, last by way2lazy2care 12 years ago
im not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this, but i have a question. i need a suggestion for a good visual object based game editor. that seems simple enough, but i also want it to have a built-in scripting function to basically tell what each object does.
Advertisement
You could use Game Maker -- it's a visual game editor that allows you to quickly assemble games via drag & drop and setting options, and also provides a built-in scripting language called GML.

You could also look at Construct 2, which is also a visual editor. Construct 2 doesn't have a scripting language built in, but it does allow plug-in development in JavaScript, and as plug-ins are able to access basically everything in the game and engine it's entirely possible to write as much game logic as you might wish as a plug-in.

Both have free trial versions.

Does that help?

- Jason Astle-Adams

You can try our modeling tool, it is smart and easy using, you can use it to make your own 3d Models, visit our website www.gamegugu.com to get more informations about the tool.
I agree with jbadams, Gamemaker in my opinion is the best way to start developing simple and complex games, it's my recommendation to use it, there's a free version which is limited to some functions like (3D, particle effects, etc.), it also has a built in Image Editor which I still use to make most of my sprites.
Also I have this thing where if I use a really simple Game Engine/Tool, I don't feel satisfied with the game i made, but with Gamemaker I feel like i made something really awesome.

im not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this, but i have a question. i need a suggestion for a good visual object based game editor. that seems simple enough, but i also want it to have a built-in scripting function to basically tell what each object does.

Check out Kodu as well http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/kodu/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement