Sign in to follow this  
ryanmvsg

[C#] KB815131 work around

Does anyone else have another work around other then renaming all of your class references in the reference.cs file? I have a serialized dicitonary with many different key/value pair types and that would be an unreasonable solution to have to go through it everytime I had to update the service reference :(

Seems like a job for the tool called sed (Stream EDitor)

[color=#333333][font=arial,]sed -i 's/[i]search[/i]/[i]replace[/i]/g' *[/font][/color]

[left][font="arial,"][color="#333333"]Put the old name in [i]search[/i], the new name in [i]replace[/i], and let the renaming magic happen. [/color][/font][/left]

the only issue with that is it also doesn't see any class that contains a serialized dictionary field it doesn't add it to the wdsl. It acts as if that class does not exist so I also have to re-create all classes that use it. It's a major head ache.

I basically am tired of all the bugs visual studio has with anything that uses IXMLSerializer. is there a way to serialize a dictionary without using IXMLSerializer?

Thanks for all of the posts guys. I'm wanting to eventually take my research and apply it to a commercial project so I'd like as little 3rd party solutions as possible. But I do appreciate the quick feedback, you guys are great :)